Friday, May 29, 2009

It's truly an end of an era...


It is truly an end of an era today, May 29th. My mom is retiring after 35 years of teaching and 33 years of coaching. She started teaching in Orrville right out of college and stayed at the school until today. Throughout the years I know she has seen the good, bad, and ugly come out of high school students. During her years at the high school she taught health and physical education to freshmen and sophomores. If that doesn't give you gray hair than I don't know what does. She also was given the opportunity to START the varsity volleyball program in the 70's. Her schedule consisted of 7-8 games that year (I think that's accurate)! After 33 years she has won several district championships, regional championships, one state final four appearance, and one state championship! I guess this is my way of saying that I am very proud of her and all her accomplishments. I know the wedding this summer is really going to help her get through her first summer without volleyball in a long time.

Please help me in wishing my mom the best of luck during her new life journey. She is truly an inspiration to everyone she meets!

THANKS MOM!!! XOXO!

No comments: