Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Then comes the florist


I had a hard time coming up with a florist I liked. I had tons of inspiration photos and ideas, but I didn't know the names of the flowers or what colors I wanted to use. I began "interviewing" florists late last summer. I won't mention names but I had some interesting experiences. One florist booked an appointment with me but was the only one in the store for the afternoon. At first I didn't mind, but he had to take several phone calls and help many customers while we were discussing my wedding. Everytime he sat back down, we started over. Essentially, we never got anywhere and he sent me a quote over $600 more then I requested. I also had another florist laugh at my budget, smoke during our meeting, and told me there was no way she had time to email me anything. Needless to say, I never heard back from her! Finally, I came to my senses and quit talking to florists. I took a break until after Christmas. In January I called the first florist I met with way back in August, Catherine Davis at Charleston Flower Market. I enjoyed our initial meeting but I had no idea what I wanted when we first met. So I called and changed my colors and updated the plans and now she's doing the wedding. They also offer a sample bouquet before the wedding. My bouquet will feature bright pink Vanda orchids (pictured above). I've worked with Charleston Flower Market in the past so I'm very excited to have them on board. A big thanks to Mandy Townsend for suggesting them several years ago for company events!

No comments: